Welcome to the Ask SCN Community Forums TH Forum odd windows install issue ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SmoranMadis
    Participant

Hi guys, bit of a weird one here. Or maybe not and im just really tired.

Decided that to fund a better pc server, id get rid of my lenovo mini pc, was used for batocera and retro gaming, but really…. it wasnt and just gathered dust mainly, played with some linux and other os distros.

So today though ok ill get my stuff off it format it install windows 10 back on it…..and i cant seem to do it. I dunno what is going on ive tried literally everything i can think of.

So i have 2 drives here, 480gb ssd and a 500gb 2.5inch 7200rpm drive, and i have 3 usb drives here,

Lenovo thinkcenter m93p

-usb drive 1 – Ventoy, has all my linux and windows installs
    -usb drive 2 – Windows 10 media creation tool installer
    -usb drive 3 – Rufus windows 10 installer

All uefi, so boot machine and try to boot from usb….and nothing, black screen when uefi selected, and blinking line with legacy (tried both option in the bios, and disabled secure boot so the rufus and ventoy ones work as planned.

Nothing worked, i thought might be one of these ones where you leave it, but i cant even get it to boot the linux distros either which is super odd. Even tried my backup drive with my windows 10 install from my laptop and still wouldnt boot.

Reset the bios, updated the bios, changed the boot orders, cleared the cmos. disabled vt-d as some forums suggested. Nothing works, i get a black screen or flashing cursor, left it for 20 mins or so to see if it was just slow. But no. Tried every usb port thinking it was maybe a specific one to do it… nope.

Im kinda at a loss. Anyone has this before. All usb drives work on my pc and laptop. as do the hard drives in caddies. The machine is recognizing them but just not going forward, and i assume its a stupid bios setting im missing somewhere.

KannyZversky
    Participant

Have you tried checking the Windows 10 product key Reddit? That might help.
    You can also double-check all the BIOS settings, like boot order and secure boot.
    It’s also a good idea to use a different USB port in case it’s a hardware issue. If all else fails, consider reaching out to Lenovo support for further assistance. They’ll be able to give you specific recommendations based on your machine.
    Keep us posted, and we’ll see what we can do to help!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.